Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, July 27, 2010

    new company, new outlook...


    so the new company, www.odeeworld.com is up and running. we're working on getting exposure, increasing sales, and perfecting the brand...so i was thinking, this is an outdoor lifestyles company, and im an outdoor girl, why not start acting like it again?
    when i lived in portland, my best friends club, "the dirty dozen" and i were outdoors whenever we weren't working! weeknights-at the river after work, weekends-lake billy chinook, the river, the ocean, the mountain, riding our jetski's, hiking or a the very least, having a BBQ at the park.
    since i moved to utah, i've become kind of an indoor girl...not quite sure how that happened, except that my cabana boy is kind of an indoor girl!! (no, seriously, even he says so!!) but, lucky for me, he is usually pretty easy to get on board with whatever tickles my fancy at the time. at the time THIS time, its me wanting to be credible in this outdoor lifestyles company i am a part of. so, we bought a truck (you gotta have a way to cart all your outdoor gear around, right?) and we bought a roof rack and bike rack for the truck (cabana boy wants to keep the truck nice...so compartments for everything...) and we bought mountain bikes!
    dont ask me what brand, because i really didnt pay attention to that...we had a price range, not cheap, but not state of the art...we need to break ourselves in before we buy the top of the line, right?
    so...last night, we got the bikes out and went on our first ride! only 2 miles, mostly even terrain, but hey! you gotta start somewhere! all i know is, it was fun, felt great to be out, (the seat is smaller than i remember, or is my butt bigger? DONT answer that...) my legs were jelly when we got back, and i cant wait to go back out again tonight!
    the goal is to get comfortable with an 8 mile ride...thats how far my office is from my house, and before the summer is over, i want to ride my bike to work. thats my goal, and im sticking to it...stay tuned! i will keep you posted.....
    ok, look, thats not me in the photo, but i don't have a photo of me with my bike! thats sarah, my daughter, and she looks EXACTLY like me...only taller. ;)

    1 comment:

    zephyrsarah said...

    hey, it's me!! :)
    i'm SO SO SO EXCITED you guys are getting into bike riding!
    you never come to my blog anymore :(